Blue North Strategies is seeking a Data Analyst to fill a crucial role on the Technology Services team. Reporting directly to the Senior Director, Technology Services, this role will be responsible for owning the production, maintenance and support of all internal and client-facing dashboards being developed on the Tableau platform.
This role involves writing queries, buildings dashboards and developing analytical reports for our clients and/or internal stakeholders. You will work with SQL, Tableau and Python (among other tools) to create stunning visuals showing how Blue North is driving impact for clients and helping them achieve their goals.
Working directly with stakeholders throughout the organization, this role will also understand the business use-cases of various reports and dashboards, document business level reporting requirements, metrics requirements, as well as develop the overall Information Architecture of dashboards.
- Meet with lines of business units to understand their needs and gather reporting solution requirements
- Define data requirements through interpretation of business requirements, stakeholder meetings and other requirements gathering techniques
- Use business intelligence software, research methodology, queries, etc. to gather and interpret data to develop reports, dashboards and KPIs using data visualization techniques
- Develop compelling visual displays of quantitative analytics for client facing presentation
- Work within the Technology Services team to design, develop and publish fully automated reporting solutions
- Provide both ad-hoc and planned analysis, reporting and presentation materials to support various stakeholders
- Provide solutions support - investigate reporting/data anomalies
- Work with the business units to identify opportunities to standardize and streamline the flow of data and reports
- Manage security rights to ensure that users have the right to access information
- Assist with the detection of, analysis of, and explanation of major trends or patterns
- Provide support for data integrity issues, acting as a subject matter expert regarding data entry and reporting requirements
- Respond to and resolve reporting and visualization issues. Work with external vendors for technical support
- Seek opportunities to improve current processes, systems and methods to promote reliability, quality and efficiency output
- Three plus years of related work experience
- Strong knowledge of and minimum three years’ experience with Tableau
- Solid understanding of relational database structures and strong SQL query writing capabilities
- Experience in data management, business intelligence, data mining, designing reports and dashboards for effective decision making
- Strong business acumen and ability to link department strategic goals to metrics
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and impartiality
- Able to communicate technical matters in a clear and concise manner (both written and oral)
- Strong creative thinking skills to determine unique ways to deliver on unmet customer needs
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion, and simplify complex situations
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Working knowledge of AWS services, or other similar cloud platforms
- Experience with collaborative tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience using Python as an ETL platform and/or data science platform
- Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms & technologies an asset
- Experience with MSSS/SSAS/SSIS an asset
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, please contact us with your cover letter and resume via firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position is full-time and located onsite at our downtown Guelph office.