Data Quality Assurance Analyst
Blue North is seeking a Data Quality Assurance Analyst to join our technology team at Blue North.
Data drives almost all aspects of our business, so this role is an important part of our technology, service, product and quality offerings.
The Data Quality Assurance Analyst works closely with internal stakeholders (developers, analysts, project teams, automation experts, etc.), and external stakeholders (clients, vendors and partners), to review & validate requirements, specifications, data quality, and the systems powering our services and product projects.
The Data Quality Assurance Analyst works under the guidance of the Director of Technology to define and implement best practices across all phases of our project, service, and product lifecycles.
- Create, refine and review project and product documentation, especially requirements and specifications
- Analyze and report on all data (incoming and outgoing) to verify it is the highest possible quality and that it conforms to requirements and specifications
- Identify defects and defect causation in analyzed data and systems, and propose system and process remediation and improvements for identified issues
- Collaborate closely with internal and external stakeholders during project and product lifecycles
- Identify use cases and create test plans and test cases to validate application and system design via manual and automated tests, applied throughout the development lifecycle
- Continually improve and evolve our data systems, QA processes, technology and tools
- Ensure conformance with non-functional requirements (legal, security, privacy, accessibility, etc.)
- 2+ years’ professional experience testing software (especially data systems)
- 2+ years’ professional experience testing and verifying data
- Excellent SQL skills
- Experience with recent versions of Microsoft SQL-Server, SSIS and Transact-SQL
- Experience with QA processes and tools, automated testing, and testing data applications for functional, security, performance availability, stress & load, and fault tolerance
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Business Analysis experience
- Relevant post-secondary diploma or degree (e.g. Computer Science), or equivalent professional experience and/or certifications
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with performance analysis, profiling and diagnostic/debugging tools
- Experience with static code analysis
- Experience with one or more programming languages (especially C# and Python)
- Experience with other RDBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Experience with Linux
If this sounds like what you’re looking for, please contact us with your cover letter and resume via email@example.com.
This position is full-time and located onsite at our downtown Guelph office.