Who We Are
Blue North works exclusively in the social sector as a full-service fundraising agency to help nonprofits connect with donors and grow their fundraising revenue. We work with a wide variety of clients including international development, hospitals and healthcare, and missions and human services organizations across North America.
We are proud to help clients create compelling fundraising magic – and then scale it. We use data mining and insights, mass personalization tools and techniques, deep fundraising knowledge, automated communications technology and multiple channels to deliver the right messages to the right people at the right time. We are passionate about our clients’ work and the good they want to achieve.
About the role
Reporting to the Director of Strategic Accounts, the Account Executive is responsible for managing the execution of all aspects of the fundraising plans for clients using direct mail and online channels. In this client-facing role, our Account Executives can expertly navigate campaigns and provide ongoing support and guidance to our clients so that they can successfully achieve their mission and critical fundraising goals.
What you’ll do in the role:
- Participate in the internal development of clients’ annual strategic plans while helping to manage and execute on the plan deliverables until completion
- Expertly navigate and manage campaigns when it comes to creative development, donor segmentation strategies, testing parameters, data management, client approvals, billing and performance reporting
- Facilitate pre-launch meetings for client projects to determine direction for creative, data, content, testing and audience
- Schedule and facilitate pre-client preparation meetings by creating agendas and presentations, requesting applicable resources, and printing and collecting any necessary documents
- Create and assist in the development of project schedules, data instructions, and the Creative Strategy Brief to ensure projects are launched on time and in accordance with the annual plan
- Ensure quality and accuracy by reviewing all client-facing documents are accurate and aligned to client expectations
- Establish relationships with key clients and assist with communicating client goals to the internal strategic, creative, and production teams; facilitate action plans to reach the outlined goals
- Monitor results compared to projections and prior year; make recommendations if course correction is needed
- Send file requests to clients or third-party data provider to produce reports and analytics
- Lead regular status and update meetings with clients, Account team and other key stakeholders as required
- Facilitate internal planning sessions with key stakeholders to determine strategic direction and accomplish growth goals for clients
- Minimal travel may be required for the occasional client visit with other key members of the Account team
You bring to the role:
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role preferably within an agency or fundraising environment
- Social media and digital experience would be considered an asset
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with key stakeholders and clients to achieve results
- Strong organizational skills with a proven track record of meeting deadlines and managing competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven and detail-oriented environment
- Highly motivated with a high level of initiative to work independently and solve problems creatively
How to apply
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include the position title in the Subject. If you think a cover letter would be helpful to support your application, please include it as a separate attachment. You can also apply directly to the role at indeed.ca.
As we grow, Blue North Strategies is committed to creating an environment where employees feel included, valued and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to do our best work and help our clients take on the world. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any phase of the application or recruitment process, please let the HR representative know.