Fundraising/Non-Profit Account Executive (Non-Sales)
About Blue North
We are a leading Canadian agency who helps our non-profit clients – in the international development, healthcare, environmental sectors – effectively raise funds, to make our world a better place. We are unique in that there is no one like us who can bring together direct marketing, donor-centric fundraising, production, data, and strategy. We are passionate about our clients’ work and the good they want to achieve. We are always thinking of new ways to help them achieve their goals.
Summary of the role
Manage execution of all aspects of the annual direct response fundraising plans for clients, focused heavily in direct mail and online channels (and sometimes phone and print).
Account Executives expertly navigate campaigns through creative development, donor segmentation strategies, testing parameters, data management, client approvals, billing and performance reporting. And they work at all times to support and engage the client through frequent communication. You’ll periodically visit your clients for planning and review along with other key members of the client account team – bringing you close to the charity’s mission and reminding you of the impact our fundraising helps them provide.
- Participates in the internal development of your clients’ annual strategic plans (led by the Director of Strategic Accounts) and help manage the information and various discussions that must happen to complete the plan.
- Holds pre-launch meetings for each client project - affirming direction for creative, data, content, testing and audience.
- Launch projects on time and in accordance with the annual plan by creating and assisting in the development of; project schedules, data instructions, and the Creative Strategy Brief.
- Ensure quality and accuracy by reviewing all client-facing documents are correct and aligned with client expectations.
- Schedule and facilitate all pre-client preparation meetings by creating template for agendas and presentations, requesting all necessary resources, and printing/collecting necessary documents.
- Establish relationships with key client contacts. Assist in communicating clients’ goals to the internal strategic, creative, and production teams, and assist in facilitating action plans to reach the outlined goals.
- Monitor results compared to projections and prior year, considering if course correction is needed
- Sends file requests to client or 3rd party data provider, to execute campaigns and produce reports/analytics.
- Leads regular status/update meetings with the clients, with BN Account Team as required
- Reviews “sign-offs” and final drop samples for accuracy
- Holds internal planning sessions to gain input from agency leaders and specialists (such as Media, Digital, Production) on strategic direction to accomplish growth goals for clients
- Other responsibilities as needed
Job responsibilities: Daily
- Build and maintain positive relationships with Clients and within the agency.
- Facilitate both the internal and external review processes and bring corrections on projects to the attention of the assigned project SME for review and approval.
- Proactively manage project schedules and various deliverables for assigned clients, identifying potential issues and ensuring others complete key tasks on time.
- Respond in a timely manner to client phone calls and emails that are tactical in nature, solving tactical problems and fulfilling client requests.
- Serve as the Client Service representative when the project SME is not present.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an agency or fundraising environment.
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Social Media and Digital Experience preferred.
- Excellent communication and grammar skills (written and oral) required.
- Ownership and effective time management / strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrates a positive and supportive attitude.
- Accuracy and timeliness of work.
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to delegate and collaborate as appropriate.
- Minimal travel may be required
- This role will report to the Director of Strategic Accounts
Are you the fit we’re looking for? Don’t wait - Apply today! Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org