This critical role will provide technical and program oversight for technology intensive services. The role will provide direction and instruction to a combination of internal resources and external partners. To be successful, it’s important that this specialist understands how these programs work and can guide others through the development process.
- Create and monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly
- Proofread key messaging in and out of email templates
- Ensure clear understanding of graphic formats and requirements with design studio
- Understand and implement UTM and tracking structuring, to enable proper set up and tracking in email platforms
- Set up new email lists and manage segmented data inside and outside of the email system – including strategizing and updating tags, data points, merge tags, groups, and unsubscribing contacts
- Map data with variable elements
- Perform quality checks that include verifying that the logic and data merge functionality has been correctly implemented by comparing sample output to test data, and proofreading
- Provide campaign reporting
- Deploy campaigns
- Develop email templates and modules (snippets and partials) that are accessible and render across email clients and device settings including Dark Mode
- Rigorously test email and module code to ensure it renders correctly across email clients and devices – troubleshoot code as necessary
- Maintain a strong working understanding of Litmus, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Mindfire, and other ESPs and email development tools
- Directly liaise with clients with the technical, programmatic workings and best practices of email marketing – communication via meetings and email
- Keep up with industry standards and best practices for email code, development, list management, email deliverability, design, and tools
- Strategize, build and maintain email automation journeys and having a strong understanding of developing automation workflow logic including triggers, starting points, branching, delays, conditional/Boolean statements, exits, etc.
- Troubleshoot technical issues within ESPs (Mailchimp etc) as needed
- Strategize and implement email marketing enhancement tools including NiftyImages
- Optimize email images in Photoshop as needed
- Take template design files (Photoshop) and develop them in Litmus or client’s ESP
- Develop and maintain email marketing procedures and checklists
- Support clients with ad hoc email marketing requests (such as building email templates in Microsoft Word Mail Merge)
- Maintain strong working understanding of a breadth of email marketing development techniques including Hybrid and Responsive coding, as well as languages including HTML, CSS and VML
- Coordinate with project managers to meet project deadlines
- Act as an internal and external email marketing resource
- Work with digital team and Account team to ensure email marketing best practices are known and being implemented
- Support client website and landing page updates as required in a variety of CMS and tools including Squarespace and Unbounce
- Support clients with other third-party integrations including Zapier
- Support internal team with updates on the Blue North website
- Optimize website images as needed
- Maintain working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Maintain digital pass keeping tool Bitwarden
The job depends heavily on:
- Minimum of 2 years of directly related work experience in e-mail marketing, reporting, and web development.
- Experience in executing and managing e-mail campaigns
- Working experience with e-mail service providers such as: MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, Exact Target, Harmony, Acoustic.
- Experience with HTML coding, css and SQL.
- Strong working knowledge of best practices for e-mail creative, segmentation, dynamic content, testing methodologies, deliverability, list growth and etc.
- Prior experience validating the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing deadlines and multiple priorities along with a positive, self-motivated attitude is essential.
The Email and Digital Deployment Specialist is a new role and will report to Sr. Director Digital Solutions.
If you’ve got what it takes to fill this important position, please send your resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills fit with our needs, to email@example.com