This critical role will provide technical and program oversight for technology intensive services. The Marketing Technology Specialist will provide direction and instruction to a combination of internal resources and external partners. To be successful, it’s important that this specialist understands how these programs work and is able to guide others through the development process.
While our cause is noble, and our clients are truly changing the world for the better with their work, their data and data expertise can be less than ideal, you are the magician that helps turn their challenging data into the form that will deliver maximum insights that will help them do more of the good work they are doing.
About Blue North
Blue North connects every single one of our projects to making the world a better place. Our clients — in the international development, healthcare, and environmental sectors — effectively raise funds to make our world a better place, and we help them raise more and do it better.
We bring together direct marketing, donor-centric fundraising, production, advanced data management and analytics, and strategy to enable the delivery of relevant messages that inspire our clients’ supporters to give and get involved — now and for the long-term.
- Marketing Automation
- Provide team oversight and direction on marketing automation initiatives
- Create and execute marketing automation workflows within Blue North’s marketing automation platform
- Responsible for the quality assurance, execution, measurement and maintenance of automated marketing programs
- Manage external resources and partners for marketing automation programs
- Email Marketing
- Leverage data to personalize outbound email
- Create and monitor a wide variety of email marketing campaigns
- Ensure design and layouts of emails are optimized, user and mobile-friendly
- Proofread key messaging in and out of email templates
- Send graphics requests to designers
- Compile segmented email lists
- Purge email lists
- Map data with variable elements. Perform quality checks that include verifying that the logic and data merge functionality has been correctly implemented by comparing sample output to test data, and proofreading
- Deploy campaigns
- Translate project requirements into technical specifications and own the delivery of variable print jobs, emails, and other jobs of a technical nature using our internal technologies and outside vendors
- Coordinate with external suppliers of data-driven variable print composition services
- Act as a consulted resource on web builds, digital campaigns
- Coordinate with project managers to meet project deadline
- Experience working in agencies and deploying marketing automation
- Experience developing data requirements for above technologies
- Proven experience writing specifications and implementing the solution, including overseeing internal and external project members
- Proven technical aptitude and ability to logically work through specifications while assuring data integrity and efficiency
- Experience with direct mail/printing industry, including print composition software, such as XMPie
- Experience with landing page marketing strategy; Adobe Creative Suite Photoshop (or similar) for the creation, editing and design of images
- Experience with workflow and content generation for the web specifically specifying how segmented, data driven content and variable imagery will be presented via web pages
- Basic knowledge of databases and SQL
- Highly organized with a proven track record of meeting deadlines
- Excellent communicator; ability to support internal and external customers, ability to walk clients through requirements and processes
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, good time management and project management skills
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today. Be sure to include a detailed cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience are exactly what we need.