The role of the Print Production and Procurement Specialist (Print Specialist) is to be responsible for the planning, execution and project management of Blue North’s entire print production process and for developing a system and overseeing our print contract and procurement approach. This includes gathering all print production requirements from planning to RFQs through to delivery. This will involve liaising internally with project managers and externally with vendors, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to clients’.
About Blue North
Blue North connects every single one of our projects to making the world a better place. Our clients — in the international development, healthcare, and environmental sectors — effectively raise funds to make our world a better place, and we help them raise more and do it better.
We bring together direct marketing, donor-centric fundraising, production, advanced data management and analytics, and strategy to enable the delivery of relevant messages that inspire our clients’ supporters to give and get involved — now and for the long-term.
- Facilitate the production of fundraising campaign material and printed product
- Coordinate planning, production and execution of master production schedules for all direct mail
- Manage the print process to ensure production schedule is met
- Be accountable for vendor delivery: timing, budget, quality
- Manage print to ensure high quality, cost effective and timely production
- Manage postal requirements and ensure compliance to regulations
- Process and track mock-ups, prototypes, electronic templates and printer proofs with vendors
- Communicate print issues to account teams and coordinate solutions
- Perform vendor and technology and equipment investigations
- Ensure that Blue North has a system in-place to procure print at best price and acceptable quality
- Oversee vendor procurement practices
- Develop specification for components with vendors, negotiate effective pricing
At the end of the day, this person will be successful if:
- Blue North feels confident in the ability of the Print Specialist to source cost-effective and timely print
- Deadlines are met and projects are delivered on time to happy clients
- New print capabilities are being presented and employed to help our clients meet their fundraising goals
- Print issues or complications are solved in a way that exceeds Blue North’s and its clients’ expectations
- Methods of improving Blue North’s print production are implemented
- Five years’ Direct Mail experience in a purchasing, print, lettershop environment
- Knowledge of the print production process of 4 colour/publications
- Knowledge of postal regulations
- Demonstrated leadership in pre-media, print and project management
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of Blue North’s goals and business objectives
- Strong analytics and computer skills
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org today. Be sure to include a detailed cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience are exactly what we need.