Blue North Missions clients are a syndicated program where multiple City Missions participate in a common fundraising program. This role project manages both the overall program and individual client needs.
The Project Manager (Marketing Agency) - Direct Mail oversees all aspects of the Missions appeal calendar, production schedule and project delivery, and is responsible for co-ordination and completion of the projects.
As the primary internal account contact, you will be liaising with Account Executives, and internal departments from start to finish on all projects. From compiling comprehensive work back schedules to project managing the creative development and following up with job analyses after completion. The PM will review all client instructions, assist with QC of all letter copy, graphic design and print proofs, and coordinate file transfers. You will also be required to work within established quality control standards and check points to ensure work is completed according to standards and customer specifications.
Expertise managing integrated marketing campaigns prepares you for this challenge, as well as effective interpersonal and communication skills and a strong desire to succeed. You have a high attention to detail, the ability to remain calm in the midst of chaos and a passion for delivering great work and meaningful results.
What the Role Includes
Job Responsibilities (Delivery)
- Plan and manage integrated projects across multiple clients in order to accomplish their fundraising goals or produce the products required within constraints such as time, cost and quality standards
- Create the appeal calendar to meet the unique print and data requirements for the Missions clients
- Anticipate and catch deviations from a plan or schedule early; take corrective action as necessary and keep key participants and stakeholders informed as necessary
- Communicate in a tactful manner to get ideas across to the team and vendors
- Liaising with the Consulting, Account, studio, data, freelancers and print teams to ensure that projects are running
- Meet with Account Executive regularly to update and inform them on the status of active projects and receive direction as required
- Ensures QA of projects, including QA of data and composition
- Manages project schedules
- Develops program/platform documentation, templates, and tools
- Manages internal data processes and data outputs for all direct marketing activities, including: Data QA, Data to printer, Finder Files/Backfeed files, Net counts reports, etc.
- Other responsibilities as needed
Job Responsibilities (Administrative)
- Develop project management expertise to share and mentor
- Maintain the monthly billing projections, cross-reference against actual and assist in the preparation of monthly invoices to clients
- Demonstrate high proficiency in Workamajig
- Understand relevant methodologies, processes and standards and ensure that all project team members understand and also follow these
- Own the project’s commitment to quality
To be Successful
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
- 3-5 years of experience, preferably in an agency or fundraising environment
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Familiarity using a project management software (at BN, we use Workamajig)
- Experience working with data
- Excellent communication and grammar skills (written and oral) required
- Ownership and effective time management / strong prioritization skills
- Experience working on print projects an asset
- Demonstrates a positive and supportive attitude
- Accuracy and timeliness of work
- Proactive communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to delegate and collaborate as appropriate
- Minimal travel may be required
- Highly motivated to meet expectations (deadlines, budgets etc)
- Exceptional attention to detail, and able to effectively communicate details and requirements to others
- Able to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders and build strong positive relationships
The Direct Marketing Project Manager reports to the Director, Project Delivery.
If you’ve got what it takes to fill this important position, please send your resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills fit with our needs, to firstname.lastname@example.org