This role is the key bridge between our clients, our client insights team and our data programmers. Your job is to map client data, which at times can be sketchy, to our analytics engine. The job requires digging, thinking and meticulously documenting requirements and gaps. It’s important that you have great communication and client skills, because you are the person that will be helping our clients deliver the data that we need.
While our cause is noble, and our clients are truly changing the world for the better with their work, their data and data expertise can be less than ideal, you are the magician that helps turn their challenging data into the form that will deliver maximum insights that will help them do more of the good work they are doing.
About Blue North
Blue North connects every single one of our projects to making the world a better place. Our clients — in the international development, healthcare, and environmental sectors — effectively raise funds to make our world a better place, and we help them raise more and do it better.
We bring together direct marketing, donor-centric fundraising, production, advanced data management and analytics, and strategy to enable the delivery of relevant messages that inspire our clients’ supporters to give and get involved — now and for the long-term.
- Receive client data and perform initial in-depth discovery & analysis to establish baseline understanding of what has been provided
- Work closely with the Senior Director of Client Insights to ensure data compatibility with current deliverables as well as potential future deliverables/opportunities
- Develop clear and concise specifications for our data services team for data loading, processing, validation and ongoing maintenance; define what “data ready” looks like with clear hand-offs from the client to the data services team and then to client insights
- Work with the business units to establish clear workflow processes and accountabilities
- Liaise with clients and help them understand their delivery requirements
- Be the bridge between clients, client insights and data services teams
- For clients providing regular data feeds, work with key client liaison to develop change management and escalation processes
- Define data requirements through interpretation of business requirements, stakeholder meetings and other requirements gathering techniques
- Provide solutions support - investigate reporting/data anomalies. Document and prioritize required fixes for the data services team to resolve
- Work with the business units to identify opportunities to standardize and streamline the flow of data and reports
- Seek opportunities to improve current processes, systems and methods to promote reliability, quality and efficiency output
- Three plus years of related work experience
- Solid understanding of relational database structures and strong SQL query writing understanding
- Outstanding client communications skills – we need to help them deliver what we need without making them feel like they don’t know what they are doing
- Ability to handle confidential and/or sensitive information with a high degree of discretion and impartiality
- Experience with nonprofit data systems an asset
- Able to communicate technical matters in a clear and concise manner (both written and oral)
- Strong creative thinking skills to determine unique ways to deliver on unmet customer needs
- Ability to adjust to changing priorities and participation in multiple projects
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, overcome confusion, and simplify complex situations
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly assimilate and apply new concepts, business models, and technologies
Additional Bonus Qualifications
- Experience with collaborative tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Teams, etc.
- Experience using Python as an ETL platform and/or data science platform
- Working knowledge of digital marketing platforms & technologies an asset
Send your resume to email@example.com today. Be sure to include a detailed cover letter that outlines how your skills and experience are exactly what we need.