The role of the Print Production Specialist (Print Specialist) is to be responsible for the planning, execution and project management of Blue North’s print production requirements. This includes gathering all print production requirements from planning to RFQs through to delivery. This will involve liaising internally with project managers and externally with vendors, while managing the flow of information to ensure timely and efficient delivery to clients’.
What the Role Includes
- Facilitate the production of fundraising campaign material and printed product
- Coordinate planning, production and execution of master production schedules for direct mail, with strong attention to detail.
- Manage the production process to ensure production schedule is met
- Manage print production to ensure high quality, cost effective and timely production; and be accountable for vendor delivery.
- Knowledge of postal requirements and ensure compliance to regulations
- Process and track mock-ups, prototypes, electronic templates and printer proofs with vendors
- Communicate print issues to account teams and coordinate solutions
- Perform vendor and technology and equipment investigations
- Support Blue North’s procurement objectives, and vendor procurement practices.
- Coordinate project level requirements with Blue North internal teams to establish production specifications to acquire competitive production quotes an negotiate effective pricing.
At the end of the day, this person will be successful if:
- Blue North feels confident in the ability of the Print Specialist to source cost-effective and timely print
- Deadlines are met and projects are delivered on time to happy clients
- New print capabilities are being presented and employed to help our clients meet their fundraising goals
- Print issues or complications are solved in a way that exceeds Blue North’s and its clients’ expectations
- Methods of improving Blue North’s print production are implemented
- Five years’ Direct Mail experience in a purchasing, print, lettershop environment
- Knowledge of the print production process of 4 colour/publications
- Knowledge of postal regulations
- Knowledge of the print production process for both offset and digital production methods
- Ability to multi-task and utilize resources to execute tasks within a deadline-oriented and fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Commitment to continuous process improvement initiatives and ability to solve problems creatively
- Highly motivated and high level of initiative; inspires confidence to work independently and in support of Blue North’s goals and business objectives
- In depth knowledge of vendor capabilities; sheet fed, web printing and lettershop services; as well as data services and variable composition for personalised output
- Strong analytics and computer skills
- Direct mail experience is an asset
If you’ve got what it takes to fill this important position, please send your resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills fit with our needs, to email@example.com